05 May 2009

Human Spirit-The Zeal !!!

Heard of the words amaranthine , invincible, perpetual, unbounded?

I sometimes wonder from where Man would have got the idea for such words.
Probably from the thought there was something in this universe beyond his capacity? Something he couldn't hope to understand? Perhaps it was his excuse to satisfy himself of the way he dealt with the unknown phenomenon of the world:
"It is endless,infinite." Simple and that is the end of it, no further explanation is required.

How exactly would that word have come into existence? I feel after enormous attempts and failures Man must have reconciled with his limitations and attached a label of infinity with them. Though, we fail the actual purpose of this post if we conclude thus.

It is not his compromise with limitations but his zeal for knowledge which is the point. He knows there is something existing which he cannot understand still he accounts for it in his calculations hoping that someday his theories and efforts would entrust or bless upon him an elucidation of the enigmatic universe. It is this relentless quest of his that impresses me the most. Now, Man is a composite creation; an assortment of the vagaries of nature. Which element of this composite creation is it that gives the creation this unrelenting zeal for conquering and modeling out everything?

The answer probably lies in the lines below:

I touched fear by looking ephemeral at shadows,
and annihilated it with astonishment at them,
learnt to flail helplessly by questioning what I know,
but let knowledge raze flounders before they could blend.
I smelt blood when I fell down,
but ego wiped that reek out,
I felt the pain sluice inside,
but pretense calmly swallowed it down.
I felt hurt when someone close would let go,
expressing it needed more words than I know.
So, damn in the heart I say,
move ahead and let the mind grow.
Mind is the key to all locks the future holds,
so just move along and let it grow.
I cry no tear,
I know no fear,
I feel no pain,
I hear no name,
I see the world,
and ride upon holocaust and flames many
Death may touch me,
but I cannot be captured,
I am you and I am me,
I am the freedom and I am the canon,
I surge and soar high above the seas.
No religion can cage me,
no sage can bind me,
only I, myself can find me.
Life is an eternal quest,
I myself am beyond conquest.
I am the celebration and the fight,
I am the creation and the light.
I am that immortal grit,
I am the Esprit.

The word 'Esprit' refers to the spiritual intelligence or liveliness of a human being. This is what in my opinion is responsible for the world as we see it. The world today is a consequence of innumerable zealous endeavors which resulted in inventions and discoveries. All zeal is a consequence to this Esprit.
So here is cheers to the seraphic triumph of the Human Spirit for giving us all we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment