23 June 2009

Belated Father's day - june 21 2009

It was father's day and I wanted to dine out with my family and specially my dad.Had gone to Windsor ITC luxury hotels(previously Windsor manor).It was lovely to watch my dad enjoying his meal.He seemed to be happy :-) and proud about me at the same time. He is a wonderful person and rough on the surface.It takes a lot to be some one like "MY DAD".


Any time we had a dilemma dad was always there.
Be it large or small he always seemed to care.
He had a quiet confidence in everything he'd do.
He wouldn't let things bother him and we could feel that too.
We'd try to do things on our own, that was how we were raised.
But dad was there in case we failed, and he never fazed.
He'd pick us up and dust us off and show us how it's done.
He made things seem so easy; even hard jobs seemed like fun.
Sometimes dad was a chef working at the barbecue
I still can smell that smoke, as he'd cook a steak or two.
Sometimes he was a chauffeur driving here and driving there.
Sometimes we drove him crazy. (I'm surprised he still has hair.)
The years have come, the years have gone, but one fact still remains
Our dad is still there for us, some things just never change.
And looking back on all those years there's just one thing to say.
We love you dad and hope you have a super Father's Day.

Posting the letter I wrote to my dad probably a week before dad's day and couldn't send it across to you on that day though i was a little late by 2 days :P.I had conflicting views whether or not i should be sharing it with every one or should I keep it between me and you alone.Then decided to share it.I wanted everyone to know what i feel for my dad.

so here goes the letter written to my dad-

My dearest pappa,

where do I begin to even scratch the surface of the impact you've had on my
life. Dad, even in the midst of my successes, my problems and my
shortcomings, you have always accepted me as I am. I am in awe of your
strength, your integrity, and your painful endurance you deal with daily,
and mostly your faith in Lord. I only ask God to keep you safe and pain-free
for many, many years. You are the biggest source of my strength, especially
during the many conversations you and I have had during pivotal points in my
life. And I pray too that with all I'm going through at this point in my
life, I hope that I can somehow, someway come close to having your strength,
your faith, your boldness and your wisdom to endure all! I am extremely
blessed to have the presence of a beautiful, wonderful, loving father!!! YOU
ARE MY HERO!!!! I can never forget the hardships you have taken to bring me
to the level I am today. I remember the time when I was ill, you carried me
on your back & took me through hospitals. How can I forget that finger of
yours through whose support I stood up and began to walk. You provided me
the comfort even if you had to toil hard. Still, when I have grown up, you
become worried even with my slightest sneeze. Well this shows itself your
immense love for me. I can only say that *I want you to be my father when
ever i am born. *
You are the best. I love you so much. I don't think that even if I searched
the world for years and years and years I would find someone that is as
caring, as thoughtful, as hardworking as you are. I love you. Happy Father's
Day Dad! *You have been a great hero in my life,the greatest strength,Dad I
know that i don't say you often enough but i love you very much. You are the
greatest dad in whole world.* I wouldn't be where i am today without
you. *Thanks
for all you have done for me I love you*.Thank you for making me laugh even
when i was sad! Thank you for being that shining light in my darkest night!
Thank You for encouraging me to weave a new dream each morning, Thank you
for always being there for me in my sad days and also, the happy ones..!
Yes, i owe all that to you,*It's so hard to find a man that can love me like
only you can!* You're my SUPERMAN, BATMAN, and SPIDER MAN. Yes Daddy, You're
my BEST MAN!

Happy Fathers' Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment