19 May 2009

Dreams as an young gal

Certain dream never come to reality hence they are called dreams-but few are worth keeping,keeping within you for ever and ever it gives hope to live,but does it give the zest?

while at college once we had an essay writing contest.Our cultural head had a wonderful topic in her mind "future husbands/wife and hope of future" its self explanatory.I was all excited about it being the hopeless romantic that I'm(I thoroughly believe I'm one-my aunt calls me so)I was sure I would win the prize for this.My friends were sure about it too,but they were more anxious to know what I would have written.Every one started with the routine discussions about the cultural contests and sports contests that were approaching,I was in my own world framing sentences feeling each word of it.But when it came to writing I had 2 conflicting views within me,should I be sharing my dreams? one was yes the other was obviously a no,yes because I am a romantic and i like sharing things imagining and being in my own "wonderland" hoping my dreams would all come true and dreaming about my prince charming.No, was because i feared not people would make fun of me but fear of my dreams not coming true and more so after everyone knowing how i dreamt my life.I had to decide and register my name.Finally I stood and said yes mam,i'm participating.I won the contest :-) as expected by everyone but....... forget it !
This is what i had written-

Things I Love About My Husband

I cherish his company, his companionship, our conversation, the way
he smiles and looks at me. It brings joy to my heart when he cuddles
up close to me and puts his head on my shoulder. But he doesn’t stop
there, he is always comforting me with a loving caress of his hand on my back, or my arms.

I love the way he guffaws at my silliness and how we laugh together.
I enjoy the togetherness we share no matter what we are doing. he
always maintains a demeanor that is caring and thoughtful. My husband
checks up on me when he is aware that I am sad or feeling ill. he goes out of his way to make dinner even after he has had a difficult day, and he sacrifices for
others even when he is lacking. My darling often takes me out to the
movies or to dinner or both.

My beloved compliments me in the presense of family and friends. I
greatly appreciate the fashion in which he inquires me for advice or
opinions, how he credits me in my successes, but most of all how he
is supportive, putting his trust in me and standing beside me with
respect and admiration. However, I also appreciate it when he shares
with me his insights, ideas and considerations.

My darling takes time out to send me loving text messages during the
course of his workday, (I do treasure his thoughtfulness). I delight
in the way he decorates our home and how he likes to share his joys
and happiness with me. But also how he expresses the desire to look
good for me in the public, (which in my opinion does not take any
effort). My love is beautiful inside and out!

His response to gifts tickles me, just as it does to
watch him playing with sand dust while we are enjoying a walk
together. It’s a real joy to see the little boy in him come out to
play with me, we often dance together around the house to the sound of
our own heartbeats. I enjoy how we can have fun together, as a couple,
doing the simplest things.

I adore the way he snuggles up to me at the movies and holds on to my
arm as if we were on a roller coaster ride, and how he falls asleep
with his head on my chest. he also brings me joy by the sounds he
makes when I massage his feet.

My husband loves me in so many ways I would have to make notes of them as
they are happening, just to put them all down on paper. But my heart
feels each loving stroke of his wonderful love. I thank my Father for
bringing him into my life and for allowing me to experience such a
beautiful love.

Many men do noble things, but you surpass them all.

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent piece of write up, no wonder it won the First prize...

    Life evolves itself, it is said... and Patience is the key... Hope you find your husband as loving as the guy in your dreams!

    ReplyDelete