28 May 2009

The Lover in me~

It was never about wanting to be right or better than anyone else, or something akin to prejudice for knowing what someone did (or was going to do)
before they did it. I just happen to be around long enough to know what life does to people,
how it can erode the soul and what choices have to be made to prevent from sliding into that kind of despair.

You see, I know the truth, I know there isn't a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow,
I know there is no great love, or prince charming-probably a little late knowing this fact!.
No happy ending with shimmering gold and pale pure skin, or
singing birds or nonsensical words like tweets,I know none of it is real.

But the lover in me would ever settle for such an ugly cold truth, and that's what separates us for them.
You see, if true love isn't real, it becomes my job to make it real. That is why I write poems, letters, stories.
That is why I'm not scarred to set it off, or to partake in an Action. If true love isn't real, it's my job to make it real.
To make it into physical substance, something you can touch, feel, hold. As a lover I know what I'm up against, the countless faces that have been beaten down, settled for less. I know what life will do to you when you lose your spirit. And though we stand odds for my mere words and existence, I'll never belive love doesn't live.

I am here, you just forgot.

3 comments:

  1. Well I think a lot of times, people in love fail to prove that they are for real...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i like ur blogs..... keep posting!!
    and i tot of gettin to know u better....

    ReplyDelete