23 March 2012

Jam Sawli Hanumanji ki Jai!

Jam Savli/sawli is the shrine of Lord Hanuman. This is a place at the border of Maharastra. I personally have never been to this place but have heard quite a lot and would one day if possible like to visit it. But again, its said without Jam sawli baba wanting you to visit him you cannot ! Its a mandate that he invites you..Amazing is it not?

Our devotion to him itself is a blessing on us.Nothing happens without his wishes.Its quite close to Nagpur(Sausar Distt. Chhindwara) I believe. He is also called chamatkari baba or the magical Hanuman. The idol is huge under a tree in a supine position.Its an idol that's risen from mother earth all by itself..It is said to be very powerful..Here not just needs but even wants are fulfilled when prayed with utmost devotion with a pure heart and a pure soul. 

6 comments:

  1. Indeed...Jai Sawli Hanuman baba ki...
    And I guess, its 126 kilometer and 172 meters from my hostel...:-)
    so whenever your coming is destined, I will be around. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah..you are from Nagpur how could I forget? How many times have you been to this place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Ms. I don't belong to Nagpur. I am here to study and I am from U.P. so I have never been to the Temple before...but sure I am interested to go there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh orite..I used to refer to someone from Mumbai as UP bhaiyya :-) when i was called a madrasi :P somehow just remembered it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) O sure you can call me that too...besides it is spoken to show respect!

    ReplyDelete